Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Second Hand Saves



Let’s talk Second Hand!!!
I know some of you love it and some of you hate it. BUT there is no doubt that it is an amazing tool to locate deals.
If you are reading my blog chances are you are not rolling in the dough OR you are AWFUL with money management. 9 times out of 10 the reason you are short on the green is because you are living out of your means.
I hear so much from people that they just cannot do second hand. PISH POSH Swallow your ego and stop acting like a child. You can pick and choose your second hand finds so just be smart about them. Just because it is used does not mean EEWW
I have prided myself in if I don't need to spend full price why should I??? I will hunt at Goodwill, garage sales, Craigslist, and anywhere I know I can save. SO much of my furniture and clothing come from second hand places it isn't even funny.
I was taught to save from one of the very best. I see most people were never taught to save. This generation has an instant gratification attitude or just doesn’t take responsibility for their spending habits.  
How about you change your thought process to what you can afford!
 
Here are a few Craigslist tips if you have never tried it before!

1)      If you want something ACT FAST!!
2)      Search Misspellings and several names
3)      If it is already a good deal do not haggle. Chances are they have 10 ppl already wanting it.
4)      However……If you don’t need to snag it right away haggle down the price.   
5)      Be smart don’t ever go alone to pick up items.
6)      Make sure other ppl are expecting to hear from you at a certain time after you pick up items so they know that you are ok.  
7)      When you arrange pick up do it sooner rather than later. You wait too long they have a chance to change their mind or sell it to someone else.
8)      The best chance of snagging a find is to refresh the desired page till you see one pop up. This way you can snag it ASAP.
9)      If the ad has a phone number call instead of email. I always call first then email if I left a message.
10)   Be patient!! Some things take longer but in the end can save you tons!



Budget Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment