Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SHOP AROUND and BACK AROUND

I can not stress enough that part of saving is to SHOP AROUND!!!

     I do this with all things all the time. The last shop around saved me $490. Let me share a story.

I love love my huskies and they are just the cutest. It came time for the dreaded fixing of the dogs :( This is a costly thing and I have twice the cost with two puppies. WELL, I was determined to not make this a budget buster.

      I was told that for my dogs sizes and types it should be around 250 per dog for spay and chipping. I was prepared for this and was budgeting since we got them for the extra $500 cost that would come around. I almost did the most awful thing and DID'T shop around * gasps*.

   Then my vet told me she would charge $360 per dog. AWW MAN!!!! NOT what I put aside! This got me thinking oh I didn't shop around. Hmmmm where to start???? I started calling every vet and animal hospital near me. BINGO!!! I almost fell out of my chair when the lady on the phone quoted me the price. $85 for spay and $30 for chipping....this totals $115 per DOG. WHAT???? I began questioning her...does this include everything...pain meds, cone of shame, and EVERYTHING? I am sure she thought I was weird but sure enough it was just was the right price.


My little cone heads!

I scheduled the appointment and took them in. The place was so nice and they were kind to my dogs. I had no problems and my dogs are all fixed up. It was clear to me that most vets BLOW up this cost and that was why it sounded scary $$$$$$.    

My shoping around SAVED me big bucks!!! Make sure you don't forget like I almost did.

If you live in Denver CO I recommend this animal hospita!!

Budget Bee
    

No comments:

Post a Comment